A new regulation is amending Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/2447 to implement the transitional rules of origin. The transitional rules of origin are applicable in parallel with the rules of origin of the PEM Convention creating two distinctive zones of cumulation. Therefore, an indication of the legal framework used for determining the origin of goods should be made in the supplier’s declaration by the supplier, allowing the exporter to determine the originating status of goods under the correct framework for those materials that are fulfilling both sets of rules of origin.
The 23 Contracting Parties to the PEM Convention are:
- the EU,
- the EFTA States (Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein),
- the Faroe Islands,
- the participants in the Barcelona Process (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey,
- the participants in the EU’s Stabilisation and Association Process (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo,
- the Republic of Moldova.
The following articles are being amended:
When customs formalities are being fulfilled by or on behalf of the holder of a decision relating to binding information in respect of goods covered by that decision, this shall be indicated in the customs declaration by stating the decision reference number.’
- Article 61 covers trade with countries of the Regional Convention on pan-Euro-Mediterranean preferential rules of origin. where two or more sets of rules of origin apply, the preferential origin of goods may be determined according to one or more sets of rules of origin.
- Article 62 trade between the Contracting Parties to the PEM Convention, where two or more sets of rules of origin apply, the preferential origin of goods may be determined according to one or more sets of rules of origin.
- Some footnotes of Annexes are amended: Annex 22-15, footnote (3), Annex 22-16, footnote (5), Annex 22-17, footnote (4), Annex 22-17, footnote (5), Annex 22-18, footnote (5), Annex 22-18, footnote (6).
Source and link
Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2022/2334 of 29 November 2022 amending Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/2447 as regards the application of monitoring of decisions relating to binding information and introducing a flexibility in the procedures for issuing of or making out proofs of origin
EUR-Lex – 32022R2334 – EN – EUR-Lex
Getting help and accessing Customs expertise in 25 countries
It’s really easy to get help from experts in over 25 countries to prepare, anticipate and secure your international shipments:
1. Click “Get expert help”
2. Tell us how we can help
3. √ Done!
If you prefer to send us an email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be delighted to help. If you are an Alegrant’s client, just login or give us a call.