Alegrant Global Trade & Customs Consultancy
Multi-Award Winning Global Network of Customs Experts
Welcome to Alegrant!
Specialist Customs advice to navigate the complexities of Customs regulations
Alegrant is an advisory firm specialised in customs law and international trade law with deep sector-specific expertise. Alegrant’s experts are independent leading specialists advising companies and customs authorities in 25 countries.
Customs Risk vs Customs Compliance…
Customs laws and regulations are complex. For 83% of importers and exporters, customs obligations are a major source of concerns posing a number of major risks for businesses:
- Operational risk: confusion over the latest customs regulations and practices leading to inefficiencies in operations, waste of time, internal tensions, chaotic logistics, delays, unhappy customers resulting in loss of market share or customer base.
- Financial risk: missing duty savings opportunities resulting in non-competitive pricing. Unexpected expenses and costly mistakes, reducing margins and profit. Risk to investors’ money.
- Legal risk: customs audits, assessments, legal sanctions and penalties. Loss of authorisations. Reputational damage.
…meanwhile, customs compliant organisations enjoy great benefits:
- Smooth operations: sound international contracts, efficient supply chain management and reliable deliveries. It also helps businesses anticipate changes in regulations, allowing them to stay ahead of their competitors.
- Protect the company’s finance: tight cost-control of international transactions. Using all the duty optimisation mechanisms and leveraging the most advantageous trade agreements, reducing costs and improving the business competitive advantage. Thus protecting investors’ money.
- Trust that the company is meeting its customs obligations to protect from customs risk as well as legal and financial risks. Secure the company’s ability to manage the complexities of cross-border trade, maintain a robust audit-trail. including understanding the customs requirements, tariffs, and restrictions associated with each country where the company does business.
Alegrant’s experts work with companies trading globally to help them meet their global trade and customs obligations, reduce import duties, mitigate risks and protect investors’ money.
Alegrant’s clients trade globally in a safe, compliant and profitable manner with a team of experts on their side.
Alegrant’s expertise: Customs Law & Strategic Planning…
Our experts have in-depth knowledge of their countries’ legislations and expertise of their application.
Alegrant Consultancy Services…
Global Trade & Customs Consultancy
If you need help to meet your Customs obligations, shape your internal compliance processes, develop policies, at home or across several foreign entities, this service is for you. Our consultancy service will help you embed the regulations into your daily business practices so that you trade globally in safe, compliant and profitable manner.
Customs Regulations and Requirements
When you just need to understand the specific rules, regulations, and decisions that apply to a specific transaction in a specific country. For instance when you prepare an export contract. Or if you face an enquiry from Customs authorities, a shipment stuck in customs, our experts are at hand.
Global Trade & Customs Trainings
Knowledge is critical to effective Customs and trade compliance. Our trainings are bespoke, designed specifically for your business, products, operations, markets and are available multi-country.
Direct access to Alegrant’s in-country experts…
With our Award-Winning Network, you can now build your global compliance team of experts in trade and Customs regulations in 25 countries.
If you can’t find the country you are looking for, just get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always validating a number of experts in various countries so we might have an expert in the country you are looking for.
The Alegrant Clients’ Experience…
Alegrant expert, through a single session, was able to help us understand how to navigate the customs duties landscape during this transition period through very clear language and advice.
Alegrant has de-mystified international trade and the implications of Brexit. Providing customised information to our business and clear guidance we have been able to minimise the impact of Brexit and any tariffs applicable. We are now confident to take forward our internationalisation with all its commercial benefits.
We feel confident we are in compliance with HMRC regulations while trading with the EU post Brexit.
Get tips and news, read the Blog…
We share public information, legal updates, tips and insights from Customs experts as well as articles and analysis from our research team on Customs and trade matters.
Brexit: What are the Key EU-UK Official Documents?
Brexit key EU-UK official documents are listed here for those who need easy access to the official sources. Brexit introduced customs requirements and compliance obligations to trade between the UK and the EU. These requirements are grounded in legislations listed hereafter. Quick Brexit Timeline Summaries of Legislation (EU) List of official EU-UK documents DocumentPublished inTrade…Keep reading…
Proof of Export for VAT
Proof of Export for VAT is a challenging area for many exporters. HMRC new guidance is a welcome clarification for UK exporters in particular on the quality of the evidence required for zero rated export. Why is the Proof of Export for VAT important? Proofs of Export is part of the export customs compliance requirements.…Keep reading…
HMRC Strict Approach to Compliance Obligations for IPR
A tribunal decision confirmed the strict compliance obligation for the IPR customs procedure. IPR is an extremely useful procedure as long as it is supported by strong internal compliance. Otherwise, it is a risky strategy as this case shows.Keep reading…
Great Success Stories…
Accreditations & Partnerships…
World Customs Organisation Partnership
Alegrant partnership with the World Customs Organisation to offer technical trainings from the WCO Academy.
Team France Export Approved Partner
Alegrant is approved by the French Authorities to support French exporters.
Accredited to support French SME’s
Alegrant is accredited by the French government for the “Plan France Relance” to support French SMEs.
Partner of Glasgow City Council
Alegrant Scotland is a partner of Glasgow City Council supporting Glasgow companies global ambitions.
La French Tech Aix-Marseille Region Sud
We are delighted to be part of La French Tech.
Latest news from our social networks…
Thank you for your visit!
Want to explore the possibility of working together? We would love to hear from you. Just contact us email@example.com
Scotland Home: Alegrant Ltd, UHatch, GCU, Cowcaddens Road Glasgow, G4 0BA, Scotland, UK